The radical Peugeot 308 R Concept
The new Peugeot 308 is transformed into a pure and sleek, ultra-sporty concept car. The bodywork combines the colours red and black to go with its sporty and innovative looks.
The 308 R is powered by the 270bhp engine of the new RCZ R, a real powerhouse of energy. The engine is 4-cylinder 1.6 litres and has a record specific power of nearly 170bhp/litre, and CO2 emissions of just 145 g/km.
Maxime Picat, Director General, Automobiles Peugeot said: “The new Peugeot 308, with its pure and sleek style, is a hatchback which carries the Marque’s upmarket ambitions. The 308 R Concept radicalises this boldness and enriches the expertise of Peugeot Sport to obtain extreme sensations.”
The Peugeot 308 R retains its identity, attention to detail and sleek purity of lines while interpreting its own style. The 308 R incorporates a low posture, wide track, toned bodywork and sports vocation.
For us, it was clear that the 308 R Concept retained the indentifiable features of the new Peugeot 308. They share elegance and sophistication. The 308 R Concept is a production car pushed to the extreme.” Thomas Rohm, New Peugeot 308 and 308 R Concept Design Manager.
- Red front end with a fluorescent base for flamboyance
- Blue-black rear
- Onyx inspired paint cut line
- Carbon fibre bodywork components
- Three air intakes on the lower front section
- Widened track of 30mm
- Thin horizontal bars framed with bluish dark chrome bead – central air intake
- Side air intakes covered with carbon mesh
- 270 horsepower engine
- Full LED headlamps in lower from panel via its 3D ‘teeth’
- Finely shaped, carbon fibre exterior mirrors
- LED indicators
- Lowered by 26mm
- 19″ bespoke alloy wheels
- Wheel spokes bears the signature ‘R’ logo
- Matt black finish spoiler
- Rear LED lamps
- 6 Speed Manual
- Front wheel drive via a Torsen differential
- 330Nm from 1900 to 5500rpm
The power is deployed to the front wheels through a six-speed manual gearbox and harnessed to fully exploit its potential through the front axle via a Torsen differential.
The Peugeot 308 R Concept is a radical sports show car which puts a new and exciting spin on the stylistic purity and identity of the new 308 production car.