SG Petch to sponsor the Tigers
SG Petch Middlesbrough will be sponsoring the Teesside Tigers, a 4 man karting team competing in the NKA (National Karting Association) Elite Karting League.
Teesside Tigers came 3rd in last years championship and are strong contenders to take the title in 2013.
About the Karting league
- 40 teams from across the UK representing their towns and cities
- 4 drivers per team
- 9 rounds for 2013 all held on a Sunday day time (excluding 24hr event)
- Each match will comprise of both sprint and endurance races
- Each driver will race for the team earning team points for both sprint and endurance racing, alongside earning their own points for the drivers league.
General Manager Shaun Burke said: “We’ve sponsored the SG Petch Abarth Open Karting Championships for the last two years and it’s great to see some of the drivers from the Tigers team have taken part in that.”
“SG Petch has always been involved in Motorsports and hopefully sponsoring events like this will encourage more people to get involved. Karting is where F1 champions cut their teeth and it’s also a lot of fun.”
The Tigers driver line up is as follows:
Ian Neilson – Team Captain – seeded 13th in the Elite Karting League 2012 driver standings
Simon Marshall – Seeded 23rd in the Elite Karting League 2012 driver standings
Cameron McLean – Won the 2012 SG Petch Abarth Open Kart Championship and is seeded 11th in the Elite Karting League 2012 driver standings
Craig Brock – came 5th in the 2012 SG Petch Abarth Open Kart Championships and is seeded 5th in the Elite Karting League 2012 driver standings
The race calendar is as follows:
- Round 1 – 9th March – Whilton Mill, Northhampton
- Round 2 – 13th April – Teesside Karting, Teesside
- Round 3 – 11th May – Ellough Park, Suffolk
- Round 4 – 25th May – Clay Pigeon Raceway, Dorset
- Round 5 – 20th July – Whilton Mill, Northampton
- Round 6 – 24th/25th August – Teesside International 24hr, Teesside
- Round 7 – 14th September – Rowrah, Cumbria
- Round 8 – 19th October – Lydd, Kent
- Round 9 – 9th November – TBC
If you’d like to start your own Elite team visit the National Karting Association’s website for more information.