Ceed VR-7 special edition
Kia confirmed specification, pricing and availability for the 2011 Cee’d and Pro Cee’d special edition model ‘VR-7’, which replaces the current ‘Strike’ model.
The ‘VR-7’ MY2011 special edition is available on Cee’d 5-door and Pro_cee’d 1.4 petrol manual models only and offers the high-level of specification offered on the previous ‘Strike’ special edition, including:
- Air conditioning
- Remote central locking
- 16” Alloys
- Body coloured door handles and mirrors
- Front Electric Windows
- Bluetooth functionality with iPod cable
In addition, a number of extra features are added to the VR-7 including:
- A reversing sensor warning system is added which consists of 4 bumper sensors. This provides an effective safety feature and assists the driver in parking by emitting an audible warning signal when identifying objects and obstructions to the rear of the car.
- Front power electric windows with auto up and down function and anti-trap safety function, providing safety and convenience to the driver and passengers.
- Body coloured door mirrors which are also heated and can be electrically adjusted are added, not only providing a sleeker exterior look but added convenience to the driver.
- Tweeter speakers will be added to the current 4 speaker system. These are designed to produce high frequencies resulting in a clearer, audible 6-speaker surround sound system.
- Leather trim will be added to steering wheel, gear shift, parking lever and the floor console/front arm rest. A metal trim finish will be added to the remote steering wheel controls, the gear knob and the parking lever button. This further enhances the interior look providing a more luxury feel.
- Euro 5 emission standards will be applied as on all Cee’d models. Changing the emission standard from Euro 4 to Euro 5 is an upcoming EU regulation, with Euro 5 standards helping to reduce and restrict harmful engine emissions.
Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Hill Start Assist Control (HSC) and Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) becomes standard as it is on all Cee’d models. VSM connects the ESC and steering systems, improving the safety of the vehicle by detecting and minimising skidding by controlling over-steer in adverse conditions and helping to reduce the risk of accidents. HAC assists the driver in moving away on a steep or slippery slope. The HAC holds the brake for three seconds preventing the vehicle from rolling backwards in the interval between moving the foot from the brake to the accelerator.
Four exterior colours are available – Arctic White (solid), Silver Storm (metallic), Tempest Gray (metallic) and Phantom Black (metallic). Tempest Grey is a unique exterior colour not offered on any other Cee’d 5-door or Pro_Cee’d model. The metallic premium is £415 including VAT.
MY11 Special Edition ‘VR-7’ Pricing
Despite the significant additional items of specification and changes being implemented the pricing for MY11 special edition model will be as follows:
- 1.4 Pro_cee’d VR-7 Special Edition – £11,695
- 1.4 Cee’d VR-7 Special Edition – £11,995
MY 2011 cars will available to order from 23rd August with deliveries expected to start from late October.